Top 12 job interview tips.
Here are the top 12 job interview tips to help you prepare effectively:
- Research the company. Spend at least two hours reading through the company website, recent press releases, and their corporate blog.
- Dress the part. Dress professionally and appropriately.
- Get there early. Go there the day before the interview to know the way.
- Come with documents. Bring a few copies of your resume, references, and letters of recommendation.
- Review your resume. Have 4-5 stories ready for interview answers.
- Shake hands properly. A firm handshake makes a great first impression.
- Practice your answers in a mock interview. Get experienced feedback on your answers to boost your confidence.
- Be polite. “Please” and “Thank You” are important. Don’t interrupt. Also, turn your phone on silent.
- Smile and be enthusiastic throughout the interview. These are two important phone interview tips, even if the interviewer can’t see you.
- Make eye contact and don’t slouch! Remember not to speak too fast. These are essential panel interview tips.
- Have at least 3 questions ready to ask the interviewer. These questions allow you to interview the company to see if it is a good fit.
- Send a thank you letter within 24 hours of the interview. It can be a thank you email, but a handwritten letter gets you bonus points!
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUT OUR JOB INTERVIEW TIPS CHECKLIST SO YOU CAN EASILY REFER TO AND MARK EACH TASK AS IT IS COMPLETED!
Visit our blog for more panel interview tips as well as video or phone interview tips, so you can see more of what recruiters look for when hiring.